Author of Cultivating Garden Style, Rochelle Greayer is the founder and editor of Pith + Vigor, a literary newspaper and online magazine for garden enthusiasts. In addition, she is the creator of the popular blog Studio ‘g’, named one of the top ten gardening blogs by the editors of Better Homes and Gardens and BHG.com; co-founder and editor of Leaf Magazine, a digital design magazine for garden makers; and a weekly columnist (The Gardenist) for Apartment Therapy, “one of the most influential interior design sites on the Web” according to Forbes magazine.
A graduate of the English Gardening School in London, she has been designing gardens for private residences and hotels around the world since 2002. A lover of fresh homegrown food, she is also one of the founders of the Harvard Farmers Market, the largest weekly farmers market in central Massachusetts. Prior to her garden design and writing career, Rochelle was a physicist rocket scientist (yes, really), riding in the cockpits of F-14s and F-18s and helping launch Russia’s first commercial satellite.
Prior to writing her first solo book, Cultivating Garden Style (Timber Press, September 2014), In 2012 she was featured in Luke Dixon’s Keeping Bees in Towns and Cities and in 2004 and 2005 she worked with Rosemary Alexander to co-author The Essential Garden Design Workbook and The Garden Makers Manual.
- Top 5 Garden Blogs – Better Homes and Gardens Magazine (2014)
- Best Interactive Magazine – Leaf Magazine – Issuu.com (2011)
- Best Garden Design Blog, Best Website Design – Studio ‘g’- Mouse and Trowel Awards (2010).
- Excellence in Graphic Design – Brochure Category – Graphic Design USA, Art Director, (2008)
- Royal Horticultural Society Bronze Medal – Show Garden – RHS Hampton Court Palace Flower Show, (2003)